10 reasons you should never give up carbs
Nixing bread, rice, pasta, cereal, and all those sugar-packed treats you associate with your childhood might be your idea of a good health quest these days. Oatmeal cookies pictures (Or is it just my friends?) But it’s one
About 200 to 400 grams of carbohydrates (aka 45 to 65 percent of your diet) is the nutritionist-approved ballpark most Americans should shoot for each day, according to registered dietitian and nutritionist Bridget Murphy, MS, RDN, CDN, from NYU Langone Medical Center. Oatmeal raisin cookies quick oats Anything less is considered “low-carb.” Not an end-of-the-world approach to eating, says Murphy, so long as you fill in the gaps with enough vegetables (and fruit). Make oatmeal cookies But if your carb intake drops below 20 grams a day, you enter a legit danger zone.
1. Oatmeal raisan cookies Your breath may get rank. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without baking soda Low-carb diets are known for making your exhalations smell rotten.
Oatmeal cookies no raisins Blame the ketone molecules your body makes when you deprive it of its preferred source of fuel: glucose (aka sugars, aka carbs). Recipe for healthy oatmeal cookies Studies show people with higher levels of ketones coursing through their bloodstreams report more symptoms of nasty breath. Easy recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies You may have gotten the memo if the people you’re trying to talk to — or make out with — suddenly start pulling away.
2. Cookies oatmeal Your mouth may feel like cotton. Perfect oatmeal raisin cookies Ketones also dry out your mouth and keep you constantly thirsty. Oatmeal raisin cookies without sugar Drinking enough water to offset this effect can obviously help. Oatmeal raisin cookies no brown sugar But seriously, how many times do you want to dip out of a conversation, meeting, or intimate moment to hit the restroom?
3. Oatmeal raisin cookies sugar free You’ll probably feel exhausted. Best oatmeal cookies without raisins Low fuel plus the extra effort your cells make to power you past an afternoon slump = sooo tired. Recipe for banana oatmeal cookies All the tiiiime. Oatmeal cookies without white sugar Also? By lowering your carb intake, your blood sugar drops, says senior nutrition fellow at the American Council on Science and Health Ruth Kava, PhD, RD. Award winning oatmeal cookies That makes for another massive hit to your energy.
4. Peanut butter oatmeal cookies no butter Dizziness may ensue. How to make oatmeal cookies recipe Going low-carb can lead to weight loss. How to make oatmeal cookies without baking soda But a lot of that’s water, says Kava. Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies nestle (Sorry.) Good news if you want to see the scale number go down. Healthy oatmeal cookies applesauce Bad news if you’d prefer not to flush out key minerals like potassium and magnesium — without which you may feel woozier than you would if you just let yourself eat the damn oatmeal macadamia white chocolate cookie you can’t stop thinking about.
5. Super easy oatmeal cookies Nausea? Also a thing. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies potbelly Not enough carb intake plus the peeing-out-key-minerals that happens as a consequence may also make you feel like you’re about to vom.
6. Recept oatmeal cookies You’ll probably stop pooping. Banana oatmeal cookies 2 ingredient Carbohydrates (think: whole grains and, of course, veggies) are prime sources of fiber, Kava reminds us. Oatmeal raisin cookies low sugar Fiber helps keep you regular. Easiest oatmeal cookies Without it, expect a serious backup inside your small intestine. Make easy oatmeal cookies (If this is already a problem for you, here are 11 easy ways to get things moving again. Oatmeal cookies instant oatmeal Including: eating carbs.)
7. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without flour You can seriously stress out your kidneys. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies easy Again. Peanut butter oatmeal cookies no flour Ketones. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies quaker They’re highly acidic, says Murphy. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies nutrition Pumping more of them into your bloodstream means your blood gets acidic too. Healthy oatmeal cookies banana This can raise your risk of developing kidney stones and may contribute to bone loss (in extreme cases. Peanut butter oatmeal cookies no sugar But still!).
8. Oatmeal cookies baking powder You may invite more binges. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies martha stewart “When we’re feeling tired stressed or just really hungry, the no. Homemade oatmeal cookies without brown sugar 1 thing our body craves is fast, easy, sugar,” Murphy explains. Recipe easy oatmeal cookies Chocolate frosting may not be the wisest answer. White sugar oatmeal cookies But the more you forbid anything, the more appealing it becomes. Brown sugar oatmeal cookies Plus, the lower our blood sugar drops, the less control you have over impulses to scarf the whole pizza when you only wanted one slice.
Plan ahead, Murphy advises, by loading up on the complex, good-for-you carbs — like veggies, whole grains, and fruits — if you really want to feel sated.
9. Chocolate cookies with oatmeal Life can legit suck more. How to make oatmeal cookies Why riddle yourself with unnecessary anxieties surrounding an entire group of food? Really, why? (Take it from someone who’s #BeenThere.) Unless it’s medically necessary for you to obsess over your carbohydrate intake, give yourself a break and remember to keep meal times pleasurable. Oatmeal cookies with white sugar Not only will this make you a happier person overall, it can actually enable you to hear your stomach’s “I’m full” signals better. Oatmeal cookies with chocolate (Which, if you’re really concerned about weight loss, is a much better strategy for shedding pounds.)