Coeliac awareness week 2016_ delicious gluten-free dinner and dessert recipes – get surrey
It’s Coeliac Awareness Week from May 9 – May 15, and if you want to try some gluten-free dishes, here are some delicious dinner and dessert recipe ideas.
Whether you’re gluten intolerant or just want to get creative in the kitchen, there is something for everyone from pizza to carrot cake, tasty bread to banoffee pie.
For coeliac sufferers cutting out gluten completely is absolutely essential for avoiding possibly serious, long-term damage and health complications.
And it’s only in the last decade that modern-day supermarkets have caught up and started catering to those with the illness, making baking your own gluten-free recipes much easier.
So why not get creative in the kitchen during Coeliac Awareness Week and create one of the recipes from either Coeliac UK ambassador and TV chef Phil Vickery, Tesco or Asda.
Oatmeal raisn cookies Tesco cauliflower pizza (Serves 4, makes 2 medium pizzas)
2. Sugar free oatmeal cookies Whizz the cauliflower in a food processor until very fine, then tip it into a large, dry frying pan. Oatmeal raisin cookies recipe without brown sugar Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, for the moisture to evaporate.
3. Best raisin oatmeal cookies When the cauliflower is dry, tip it into a large bowl and mix in the eggs, cheese, cayenne pepper and 1 tsp salt. Oatmeal cookies healthy The mixture should be quite wet.
4. Chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies Line a large baking tray with nonstick baking paper and divide the mixture making two medium sized bases − use the tips of your fingers or a spoon to shape them. How to cook oatmeal cookies Bake for 30 minutes, after which the base should have solidified into one moveable piece and have gone golden.
6. Ingredients of oatmeal cookies When both sides are golden, remove from the oven and spread them with tomato purée between each and then top with the vegetables, oregano and mozzarella.
7. How to make simple oatmeal cookies Return to the oven on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper and bake for 10 minutes. Easy oatmeal cookies with quick oats Serve immediately in slices. Recipe chocolate oatmeal cookies Asda gluten-free carrot cake (Serves 16)
4. Peanut butter oatmeal cookies no eggs Place the cream and stock cube in a small pan, bring to the boil, whisk well to dissolve the cube, then pour over the bean mixture and stir well. Oatmeal raisin cookies from scratch Taste, then season if needed.
5. Peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies Spoon the mixture into a 28 x 28 x 4cm baking dish. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from scratch Top with the sliced mozzarella or grated Parmesan, if using, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until well browned.
6. Easy oatmeal cookies without baking soda Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool for five minutes before eating. Is oatmeal raisin cookies healthy Serve with a green salad with plenty of onion and rocket. Healthy oatmeal pecan cookies Tesco gluten-free banoffee pie (Serves 12)
3. Oatmeal raisin cookies recipe without butter Place the pecans, oat cakes, dates, melted butter, maple syrup and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blitz until the mixture is fine and sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
4. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies high altitude Remove from the processor and press very firmly into the tin so you have a smooth, even base with a little lip at the side. Peanut butter oatmeal cookies Put in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes, to set.
5. Oatmeal cookies with old fashioned oats Meanwhile, to make the filling, place the butter and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Healthy peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies Cook gently, until the butter is melted and the sugar has dissolved, stirring together to combine.
6. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without butter Add the condensed milk and the salt and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat a little and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns a deeper golden brown and smells of caramel. Raisin and oatmeal cookies recipe Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
7. Oatmeal raisin cookies no flour Take the base out of the fridge/freezer and spread over the caramel. Healthy oatmeal cookies with applesauce Lay the sliced banana over the caramel layer and top with the whipped cream. Moist oatmeal raisin cookies Dust with the cocoa powder and serve immediately. Healthy oatmeal cookies no sugar Tesco gluten-free almond crusted fish and sweet potato wedges (Serves 2)
200g gluten-free dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces – lots of good quality dark chocolate is gluten-free, but always check the label
2. Oatmeal raisin cookies best Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water. Oatmeal raisin cookies smitten kitchen Once melted, take the pan off the heat but leave the bowl over the pan to keep the mixture warm.
3. Recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl and whisk until thick and foamy, then add half the sugar, and whisk again until creamy and thick. Peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies healthy Add the rest of the sugar and whisk until very stiff, but still a creamy consistency.
4. Peanut butter oatmeal cookies vegan Stir the egg yolks, vanilla extract, almonds and chickpea flour into the warm chocolate and butter, then straight away add half the meringue, mixing well. 3 ingredient banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies Finally, add the rest of the meringue and fold in.
6. Banana oatmeal raisin cookies Remove from the oven and cool slightly in the tin; it will collapse a little. How to make oatmeal cookies without brown sugar Make several holes over the surface of the cake with a skewer.
7. Peanut butter oatmeal cookies recipe without shortening Meanwhile, place the sugar, 100ml of water and the mint in a small pan and boil until the sugar has dissolved, then strain. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar Spoon the syrup over the cake and leave to soak in and cool completely.
8. Vegan oatmeal cookies Once the cake has cooled, beat the mascarpone, honeycomb and honey together with a wooden spoon or spatula. How to do oatmeal cookies Do not whisk or the mascarpone will be too soft and not hold its shape on the cake.
10. Oatmeal cookies quick oats Cover the cake with the honey mascarpone. Banana oatmeal cookies skinnytaste Eat straight away or chill for one hour. How to make the best oatmeal cookies If you want to keep it for the next day, remove from the fridge one hour before eating.