Take a trip down memory lane with these milk bar recipes
1. Homemade tomato and basil pasta sauce Divide the beef into four equal amounts. Homemade spaghetti sauce from ketchup Lightly compact each into a ball, then flatten each ball between squares of baking paper until they are about 6mm thick and 13cm in diameter. Best homemade spaghetti sauce with fresh tomatoes They may seem large but will shrink a little on cooking.
2. Making pasta sauce from scratch with tomatoes Heat a little oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Making sauce for pasta Gently sauté the onion over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until dark golden.
Homemade pasta sauce for toddlers Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Easy homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch If using fresh pineapple slices, give each side a good flash over high heat in the same frying pan until they are hot through and a little charred on the edges. Tomato pasta sauce recipe jamie oliver If using tinned pineapple, just quickly warm through on each side. Pasta sauce homemade recipe Cover and keep warm.
4. White sauce recipe for pasta by sanjeev kapoor Meanwhile put the bacon in another non-stick frying pan and cook over medium–high heat until it is as crisp as you like it, then remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Tomato pasta sauce with hidden veg recipe Cook the eggs in the bacon fat over medium heat until the whites are set and the yolks are still a little runny — or to your desired doneness. Making a cheese sauce for pasta Remove to a warmed plate and keep warm.
7. Homemade pasta sauce canning Return the clean frying pans to a fairly high heat and brush liberally with oil. Recipe for easy homemade spaghetti sauce When the pans are hot, season the burger patties on one side with fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and cook two patties, seasoned side down, in each pan for about 80 seconds or until well browned. Recipe sauce for pasta Season the tops of the patties and flip them over, then top with the cheese slices and cook for a further 70 seconds. Homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch using fresh tomatoes Do be careful not to cook the patties longer as the beef can very quickly dry out. Homemade healthy pasta sauce This timing yields a nice, juicy, flavoursome patty.
8. Homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch fresh tomatoes While the patties are cooking, pop the cut side of your burger buns under the hot grill until very lightly toasted. How to make homemade tomato pasta sauce Butter the buns and place the bottom halves on your work surface. Homemade pasta tomato sauce Top each with a little lettuce, a slice of tomato, slice of beetroot and pineapple, if using.
9. How to make easy homemade pasta sauce As soon as the burger patties are cooked, place them, cheese side up, on top of the pineapple. Homemade pasta sauce easy Divide the sautéed onion over the patties, then top with the bacon and the eggs. Homemade tomato pasta sauce with fresh tomatoes Give each a good squirt of tomato or barbecue sauce and top with the bun lids. Healthy homemade pasta sauce Serve immediately, with hot chips if desired.
“These musk sticks taste like the ones we had as kids. Homemade mushroom sauce for pasta A little crisp on the outside and tender in the centre, these are the ‘goldilocks’ of the musk-stick world — the aroma, flavour and texture are just right,” Lawson said.
“I must warn you they are rather more-ish and all my guinea pigs agreed ‘they taste like musk sticks, only better’. Quick homemade pasta sauce You can double the batch if you have a big kid’s party on. Homemade tomato pasta sauce recipe Or even a big kid’s’ party.”
1. Homemade pasta sauce simple Spray two baking trays with cooking oil spray. White sauce recipe for pasta easy Line the trays with baking paper. Homemade pasta sauce from canned tomatoes (Oiling the trays first will help the baking paper sheets adhere so they don’t slip around when you’re trying to pipe the musk mixture onto them.)
3. Homemade pasta sauce giada Put the gelatine in a saucepan with the glucose and 60ml (¼ cup) cold water. Homemade tomato pasta sauce fresh tomatoes Stir over high heat until the gelatine sheets have melted. Homemade tomato sauce pasta Remove from the heat and tip into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
4. Best homemade pasta sauce from scratch When the mixture is cool, add the musk essence, vanilla and food colouring, if using. Easy homemade spaghetti sauce for canning Add 125g (1 cup) of the icing sugar and beat at low speed until well combined. Homemade pasta sauce with olive oil Increase the speed to high and whisk for one minute, or until smooth and evenly coloured.
5. Homemade white pasta sauce from scratch Turn your machine off and add the remaining icing sugar. Rose sauce for pasta recipe Mix in slowly, then increase the speed to high for about three minutes to ensure it is all well incorporated and a little like a thick, raw meringue mixture.
6. Tomato pasta sauce with bacon Put the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm star-shaped nozzle and pipe 10cm lengths onto the baking trays. Sauce for pasta and meatballs (If your mixture is too firm to pipe simply tip it back into the electric mixer bowl and add extra cold water, just one teaspoon at a time, until you have a pliable consistency. Homemade red sauce for pasta Just be careful not to add too much — a little water goes a long way in this recipe.)
7. Homemade pasta sauces from scratch Leave in a cool, dry place to set overnight. Homemade spaghetti sauce made from scratch The musk sticks should be crisp and dry all the way through. Homemade garlic sauce for pasta They will keep in an airtight container for several months, but will soften over time as sugar is a fickle medium and its natural moisture content depends on the weather.
“Even though I find most versions of these tarts way too sweet, they are such a fond childhood memory that I’ll buy one for old time’s sake every now and again,” Lawson said.
1. Homemade fresh tomato pasta sauce recipe Lightly grease a 16-hole patty pan or small muffin tin — you want the holes to be about 7cm across the top, 4cm across the base and about 2.5cm deep, with outward sloping sides.
2. Making a sauce for pasta Roll the pastry out to a 2mm thickness. Easy homemade spaghetti meat sauce recipe Cut out 9cm rounds with a cookie cutter or pastry cutter. Recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch Line each tin hole with the pastry rounds, pressing gently into and around the edges, and gently pushing the pastry up about 5mm above the rim of the tin all the way around. Making pasta sauce from scratch Prick the bases with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Tomato pasta sauce slimming world Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Homemade tomato and chilli pasta sauce Bake the pastry cases for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Easy homemade tomato sauce for pasta Leave to cool in the baking tin on a wire rack until completely cold.
4. Homemade pasta sauce with canned tomatoes If using the fresh cream filling, whisk the cream, icing sugar and vanilla together until firmly whipped. The best homemade pasta sauce Refrigerate for two hours to ensure the mixture is really cold when you fill the tartlets.
5. Homemade pasta sauce from scratch If using the mock cream filling instead of fresh cream filling, put the milk, sugar and two tablespoons water in a small saucepan and stir over medium–high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Easy homemade spaghetti sauce using fresh tomatoes Do not allow to boil. Homemade pasta sauce with fresh tomatoes Remove from the heat and immediately whisk in the dissolved gelatine and cool until lukewarm. Easy homemade pasta sauce with canned tomatoes While the mixture is cooling, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and vanilla in a bowl until pale and airy. Recipe for homemade pasta sauce from scratch When the milk syrup is at the right temperature, turn the beaters back on to high and beat continuously as you gradually add in the syrup. Easy homemade tomato pasta sauce Keep beating until light and fluffy. White sauce recipe for pasta in hindi This will take about eight minutes.
6. Homemade sauce for pasta Remove the cold tart shells from the baking tin. Homemade spaghetti sauce recipe easy Place ¼ teaspoon of jam in the bottom of each, then top with the fresh cream or mock cream filling, making sure it comes right level with the edge of the pastry. Easy homemade pasta sauce olive oil Smooth it over so the filling is flat. Homemade cream sauce for pasta Refrigerate for 45 minutes to ensure the tops are firm enough to ice.
7. Homemade cheese sauce for pasta Put all the vanilla icing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth and cooled to room temperature. Making a white sauce for pasta The icing should be fairly thick. Homemade italian pasta sauce recipe from scratch Remove your tarts from the fridge and use a small palette knife to spread the vanilla icing over the top of two-thirds of the tart in one smooth sweep. Tomato pasta sauce with passata Refrigerate until set.
8. Tomato pasta sauce names Now put all the chocolate icing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth and cooled to room temperature. Homemade tomato pasta sauce jamie oliver Remove your tarts from the fridge.
9. Quick and easy homemade pasta sauce Using a small clean palette knife and working from the uncovered side, spread the chocolate icing over half the tart in one smooth sweep — the chocolate icing will overlap the vanilla icing in the middle of the tart. Tomato pasta sauce thermomix Try to keep it as neat as possible so there is a distinct line between the dark and white icings.
10. Best homemade spaghetti meat sauce Refrigerate until set. Homemade pasta sauce recipe from scratch Then, after all your hard work, you are ready to serve and eat them! If you’re not serving the tarts straight away wait until they’ve set, then store them in a single layer in an airtight container. 4 cheese sauce recipe for pasta They will keep in the fridge for up to five days.